Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Beautiful Day for a Run!

I had a great run today. It didn't start out great. I did not feel like running. However, the weather was actually nice - 50 and sunny - so I told myself "Get out there and at least enjoy the weather!". 

I only allow myself to run in the park on weekends. it's too deserted during the week and a woman was murdered there a few years ago while walking. Actually, it is a Nature Preserve rather than a park so it only really attracts dog walkers, runners and bird watchers. No swing sets or stuff like that. But it is quiet and beautiful.

I promised myself a run in the park if I ran to the park and back (1.5 miles each way). During the first mile I wanted to turn back but I kept going. I had worn only shorts and a short sleeve t shirt and the wind was colder and stronger than I expected. By the time I got to the park, my mood had shifted. I ran the 1.2 miles back into the park to the observation deck over what I would call a swamp/pond. I usually like to run up and touch the bench but there were people sitting on it, so I resisted the urge. I turned around and ran out. At this point I was 4.25 miles into my run and about 1.5 miles from home. Something about the run home that makes it easy. I easily ran the 1.5 miles home. I ended up with 6.1 miles which is one of my longest runs. I think I ran 6.4 once. However, this is up there. And to think I didn't even want to go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment