Friday, April 1, 2011

Lenten Challenge - Day 2???

I have totally lost count and don't feel like going back to check.  I think it's safe to say that I've broken the habit of daily weighing.  Now to figure out how to "re-integrate" the scale back into my life in a healthy way once the 40 days are over.   I wonder if I even have to.  Now THERE'S something to ponder.

The weather is making me grumpy, plus the fact that I am weaning myself off of Diet Pepsi for the umpteenth time.  I think, once again, I'm weaning too quickly and have a monster headache to prove it.

The weather has been cold and gray.  I guess it is fairly typical for this time of year, but this is the first year it has been a significant inconvenience.  Now that I run, let's face it, weather matters.  It has been exactly a week since my last outdoor run.  The treadmill is a great tool and it keeps me sane on rainy days, but I need some fresh air and SUNSHINE.  I can live without warm temps.  I can layer.  However, I need to see a little blue sky.  Work with me, weather, okay?

I have learned to like the treadmill.  It's great on days that you don't have a lot of time.  I can crank up the speed and get a good workout in a short period of time.  It's good on rainy days.  It's good on really cold days.  I'm sure it's good on hot days, although I ran in triple digit temps this summer.  I love it for speed work.  I can't seem to control my Tempo as well outdoors.  

There is nothing like an outdoor run.  They are what running is all about to me.  Some fresh air, sunshine, look at the scenery (even if it is my subdivision), see people, animals (well not too many animals!), etc.   You get the idea?  I need to get outside!

The weather forecast looks perfect for Sunday.  I hope that is true.  I want to run through the park again. That was an amazing run.  A nice Sunday would allow that to happen.

Anyway, I'm cranky.  I need to shake this.  A good, long outdoor run would certainly help!  Here's hoping I can do just that SOON.

No comments:

Post a Comment